We value the individual achievement of all our children and celebrate their personal successes.
• We offer celebrations of success when parents are invited to share awards for effort and attitude to learning in ‘Star of the Week’
• We acknowledge the contribution that parents make to good attendance through a short presentation of certificates and trophies for outstanding attendance at the end of the year.
• We also encourage children to share their achievements outside school and we celebrate success in our Group Times.
• Displays in school celebrate children’s successes through, ‘I am proud of you…’
Celebrating achievements outside the classroom:
• Sustainable Schools Award
• Eco Award (Silver)
• RRSA (Working towards)
• Gardeners’ World Live at 50: ‘Meal in a Barrow’
Celebrating our Community
We celebrate festivals and other special days encouraging children to understand about the community in which we all live and the customs and traditions associated with special days:
• Eid – staff and children dress in special clothes, taste foods and give cards
• Diwali – Drummers visit the school allowing children to find out about music and dance and children make Diva lamps and Rangoli patterns
• Christmas – we visit St. Giles Church for our candle-lit Nativity and church bell ringing.
• Chinese New Year – Children learn about the animal race story associated with Chinese New Year. They taste foods and have a lucky Chinese money envelope and Fortune Cookie.
• Easter – This is a time to learn about new life and we are visited by animal babies, have eggs which hatch into chicks and we learn about customs of Easter with an Easter bonnet parade.
• Children learn about other special days such as St. Patrick’s Day, St. David’s Day and others.
• The school also responds to national events and celebrations such as Royal Jubilees and Weddings
• Charitable events are supported and children are encouraged to understand that some children are less fortunate than themselves: They learn about poverty and how we can support people in communities further afield.
• Sport Relief
• Red Nose Day
• Children in Need
• Autism Awareness Week
• Down Syndrome Day
• McMillan Cancer Support