Article 19: Governments must do all they can to ensure that children are protected from all forms of violence, abuse, neglect and mistreatment by their parents or anyone else who looks after them.
If you have any concerns that a child is being harmed or is at risk of harm or if you receive a disclosure you must contact senior staff immediately.
You can also contact CASS, Children's Advice and Support Service, on 0121 303 1888.
At Garretts Green Nursery School, our Designated Senior Leads are Claire Henebury, Emma Ashford, Anisa Aslam, Alison Harris, Helen Coleman and Sam Richardson.
• Our Prevent Lead is: Claire Henebury
• Our Data Protection Officer is: Claire Henebury
• Our Rights Respecting link is: Emma Ashford
• Our Operation Encompass Key Adult is: Alison Harris
• Our Schools Pledge Coordinator is: Claire Henebury
• Our lead for Mental Health is: Claire Henebury
• Our LAC Lead is : Claire Henebury
• Our PREVENT Single Point of Contact : Claire Henebury
• Our Educational Visit Co-ordinator is : Emma Ashford
Our nominated Governor for Safeguarding and Child Protection is: Sally Davies
Please see below the relevant nursery certificates:
At Garretts Green Nursery School we uphold the principles and values outlined in The Prevent Strategy for combating extremism and our staff are aware of the forms that extremist behaviours may take. Systems are in place to address concerns regarding extremism, FGM, sexual exploitation of children and child trafficking as well as other forms of abuse.
If you have a concern about a child and need some advice and guidance:
May we ask you to avoid using mobile phones in the Nursery School building, please. We believe that the drop off and collection of young children should be a special time that focuses on the children. Also, there are times when staff need to speak to parents and it can be difficult if parents are using telephones.
Safeguarding & Child Protection Policy
Ensuring our nursery is a safe and secure environment for every child